"AND WHOEVER RECEIVES AND ACCEPTS AND WELCOMES ONE LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS FOR MY SAKE AND IN MY NAME RECEIVES AND ACCEPTS AND WELCOMES ME" MATTHEW 18:5







Saturday, December 8, 2012

Jesus in Disguise

My eyes have been opened. I will keep them open. This adoption and the orphans that I now know of are the way God wants me to serve Him. The feeling of compassion and the deep desire I have to do something for these orphans is one that I could have never mustered myself.  I know it with all of my heart and I will say yes to Him. In the words of Adeye Salem, a rock star in the adoption world and a woman of amazingly deep faith, would say, “say yes to God with reckless abandon!” She is an inspiration. She inspires people to trust Heavenly Father entirely. Fearlessly. She is in process of adopting her eighth and ninth child, and you can read her awesome blog here. It is a very hard thing to do, and I am not there yet, but this adoption is a start! I am so far from righteous, we all are, but we can all choose to not turn away when God presents an opportunity to serve Him.
Mother Theresa quotes: “The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the unloved they are Jesus in disguise.”
In the bible, they are referred to as “the least of these”.
Matthew 25:40 says ‘And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
So here is my plug for the plight of the Orphan. Children like Brock, are thrown away by their society because they were not born to their standards of perfect, they are the least of these. They long to be loved and to give love. They long for a family. They may not realize exactly what it is, but they know that something is missing inside. Some of these kids just long to be fed or to be taken care of when they are sick.  And no one ever comes to help them.
The least of these. Jesus in disguise. If Jesus came to your door dirty, sick, and starving and alone, would you turn your head, try to think happy thoughts  and pretend it wasn’t happening and go on with your life? No. I know you wouldn’t. But God is not going to make it easy by sending Jesus to knock on your door! He will disguise Jesus, in hopes that we will recognize and step out in Faith and Service to His children, our brothers and sisters, as a way to Honor and serve Him.
Jesus says “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” Matthew 25:35
Maybe, it is not right for you to go out and pursue an outrageously expensive, stressful, gut wrenching, nerve racking international adoption. That is OK. Jesus is in disguise all around us. I encourage you all to open your eyes and see. We can all, as children of God, do something to help the least of these, whether it is next door or on the other side of the world. The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the unloved.  And we should teach our children to follow suit. When we find a way to serve others, we are serving God. I pray that you all will recognize “Jesus in disguise” and say “yes I will!” to our Heavenly Father. It is so lifting for the soul to lift up and help another, and that is one of the greatest gifts you can get! Happy Holidays to all of you and yours. God Bless all of you!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, so heartfelt and true! I am so glad that God is leading you in this direction, and so glad you are openly sharing it with others!
    You, too, are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete